Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip & Nut Cookies

At last, a chocolate chip cookie that tastes like a real one!  I kind of think of this diet as, instead of B.C. and A.D. (like in history), Before Diet and With Diet.  If that is true, then I can't tell if this cookie is BD or WD!  The best part about the cookie is the real cookie taste!  The texture is not perfect, but still very good!  My mom says: "I like them better than Mrs. Field's cookies!"  My sister says: "They taste like pancakes."  Not sure where that came from, but she definitely still liked them!  I think that they were really good!  My only negative comment was that they were kind of crumbly.  Other than that, delicious!

Chocolate Chip & Nut Cookies

Ingredients:

-2 cups flour 6.5
-1 Tb. chia seeds (soaked in water for 15 minutes)
-1 egg or egg replacer
-3/4 tsp. salt
-3/4 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1 stick fat free butter, melted until soft
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 white sugar
-Chocolate chips (we did about three handfuls)
-Slivered Almonds (we did about 1 handful)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

2.  In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients well.  In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients well.  


Combine bowls and stir until just mixed.  Add chocolate chips and nuts. 



3.  Put parchment paper on a baking sheet.  If you don't have paper, just lightly oil and flour a baking sheet.  Put tablespoon sized blobs on the sheet.  (Tablespoons make very large cookies!)  Bake for 12-15 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm Linnaea, a 16 yr old girl with gluten intolerance. Like you, I've been blogging gluten-free since I was eleven (my website is imglutenfree.com). It seems like every other food blogger out there is at least twenty, so I just wanted to say that it was cool to find your blog! Keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand is your fat-free butter? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a favorite brand, any kind will do fine.

      Delete