1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp soy sauce or equivalent
3 tbsp cooking wine (or, if you have it, sake)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and salt.
2. Beat eggs a little, then add the tablespoon of water, and beat until frothy
3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, and wine.
4. Add the wine mixture to the eggs, and stir.
5. Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and heat on medium.
6. Pour half of the egg mixture into the pan. Let the bottom of the omelette cook pretty firm. If there's too much egg mixture, you can lift it up and let the runny part on top run underneath. Once the bottom is firm and the top is not runny, flip it over....good luck!
7. Cook until the other side of the omelette is firm, and repeat for the second half of egg mixture.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Cut a carrot into matchsticks. Bring water to a boil in a small pan. Drop the carrots into the water and boil for two minutes. Drain them immediately, and stick them in the fridge to cool. They should wind up being a little soft, and a little sweet!