1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1-1/2 cup gluten-free broth or bullion
1 small carrot
1 slice toast, chopped into cubes
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1. Chop up the carrot & onion.
2. Dissolve 1-1/2 tsp. bouillon powder into 1-1/2 cup boiling water (if using bullion)
3. In medium saucepan, pour in the can of tomatoes. Using a potato masher or a pair of scissors, break the tomatoes into smaller pieces. You don't need to be too precise, because it's all going in the blender at the end.
4. Add the bullion or broth and the carrots, onions, spices, and toast.
5. Bring to a boil, then let simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
6. Pour the whole thing into a food processor. You might want to use a ladle to start with, because getting splashed with boiling hot soup is no fun.
7. Blend for about 20-30 seconds until smooth.
8. Some people like pepper, sour cream, parsley, butter, or other toppings on top!