Friday, August 2, 2013

The First Pancake!

The First Pancake!

Ingredients:

-1 cup all-purpose flour mix # 1 (see the post on how to make this.)
-1 Tb white sugar
1 Tb brown sugar
-2 tsp. baking powder
-1 beaten egg or mixed egg replacer
-2 Tb oil
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. vanilla extract 
-1 cup substitute milk of your choice (we used coconut)

Directions:
1.  In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients.  Mix well, but do not overmix.
2.  Pour batter onto a lightly greased griddle on medium heat.  NOTE: Ours did not bubble like normal pancakes so we had a hard time knowing when it was time to flip them.  Turns out that they cook really slowly, so leave them on for a long time.  Flip them when you think it is time.  

These were pretty good (though it is hard to judge when they are undercooked).  I thought they were so-so, but the rest of my family loved them.  Best with fruit, or berry syrup.




The doctor said that I would be noticing some changes, but I haven't.  I do not feel better, or worse, or different.  I am just hungrier.  Since I have only been on the diet a few days, I guess that makes sense.  Another thing I learned was that eating out is hard.  We went to a sushi place, but everything had something!  The main problem was imitation crab, because we realized it has Wheat starch, corn starch, soy, and egg whites, all of which I am allergic to.  Eventually I had teiryaki with rice.  Later, I had a stomachache, but I don't know if it was food-related or not.  Anyway, we will always eat at home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment